There are many CPFA certification courses to choose from, please visit our Upcoming Certifications page to find details.
You can become CPFA certified without taking a CPFA certification course. Here are some of the situations that you may still become certified. If you are:
* Self taught but have been teaching pole or Aerial Hoop
* Learned by taking classes
* Have gymnastics training
* Have Aerial or Circus training
* Have taken a certification course not approved by the CPFA
If you are in one of these situations and you want to become a CPFA certified Pole Instructor, you will still have to follow these steps:
- Possess a current CPR/First Aid certificate. (prices vary)
- Have taken Fitness Theory (and provide a certificate, prices vary)
- Have a minimum of 20 teaching hours.
- Challenge the Exam ($200) Downloadable Study Guide (PDF)
- Get evaluated by a Registered Pole/Aerial Hoop Fitness Leader or send in your video to the CPFA for evaluation. ($75)
- Register with the Canadian Pole Fitness Association and you will be listed as a qualified and educated Instructor in your area which is good for one year. ($45)
- Use your membership number to apply for 2,000,000 professional liability insurance that will cover you wherever you go starting at $275 a year.
For more details, please view our Become Certified page!
Once you have become a CPFA certified Pole Fitness Instructor you will be listed on our site under Certified Instructors so that people can easily find you! This can be great for job references or for promoting your services.
All CPFA certified instructors must follow our Scope of Practice.